Learn More From Our FAQ
The Unión de Empresas Constructoras Caribe S. A. is a commercial company with 100% Cuban capital, also known as UNECA S. A. Its central office is in Havana, with registered office at calle 7ma. No. 701 corner at 41, Miramar, Playa Municipality, with telephone and fax number 209 6771; e-mail address, email@example.com represented by Eng. Rubí Despaigne Benítez, in her capacity as President.
UNECA has more than 40 years of experience providing professional construction services around the world. It is currently providing its services in countries in the African and Caribbean area such as: South Africa, Namibia, Equatorial Guinea, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Dominica, Antigua and Barbuda.
UNECA has worked in Cuba at times since its creation. At the moment it offers its services abroad, but in the face of changes at the country level and an opening of foreign investment it once again offer its services in Cuba.
UNECA S.A as a government company offers certain guarantees that a person hired on their own does not offer:
- It is responsible for guaranteeing the adequate selection of workers according to the client’s requirements.
- He is responsible for the immigration procedures and visas necessary for the departure of the worker from Cuba.
- Guarantee the permanence of the contracted workers during the agreed time and their non-abandonment of the projects under their responsibility by institutional decisions.
- He is responsible for replacing the worker who is inappropriate according to the client’s requirements.
The client must, among other aspects:
- Obtain in the corresponding agencies of the country of employment, the issuance of visas, work permits and other migration documents necessary for workers to enter, reside, work and leave the country, assuming the expenses arising from these procedures
- Cost of airfare for workers.
- Provide adequate and safe accommodation.
- Assign workers to an adequate health scheme.
- Provide adequate working conditions.
- Guarantee paid annual leave after 1 months of work.
- Guarantee the agreed Monthly Net Salary. In case of requesting a service, these responsibilities will be set out in more detail in a Contract.
In the event that a worker suffers an accident or becomes ill in the country of employment and is limited in the performance of his duties, UNECA is responsible for replacing him, upon request from the client.
UNECA assumes the expenses of the substitute’s one-way ticket. In the event of the death of a worker, the client will bear the expenses of preparation, procedures and procedures for the transfer to Cuba of the corpse and its belongings.
Ask a Question
Your Trusted Construction Partner
Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler as you
Learn More From Our FAQ
The UNECA team offers its services in accordance with the specific conditions of the project and the country of work, always competitive and attractive for the client, the main objective being to reach a beneficial agreement for both parties. The payment conditions depend on the service to be agreed, they are agreed by both parties and are agreed in the contract with the client.
UNECA and the client in the contract proforma agree to keep confidential, and not to disclose to any person, any information provided by the other party in relation to the contract or project, nor to use said information
The time of service of each worker is for 1 year (12 months, including a month of vacation), from the day of their arrival in the country of employment, extendable up to 3 years in the case of higher-level professionals and technicians and 2 years for workers, renewing this service annually tacitly and automatically if both parties agree.
If you are interested in being part of the UNECA work team abroad, you can communicate through the telephones and emails on this page